Tuesday, August 30, 2005

a face lift

i like change, sometimes. i do not like the change that is going on in people's lives after katrina paid a visit to the gulf coast.

i am in the process of changing my blog a bit. i am sitting here in fredericksburg, va, trying to keep myself from going crazy while my family is back in daphne, al, cleaning up from "katrina and the waves."

i hope none of you think less of me since i am here and they are there, but i am here on business.

all things are ok from what my lovely wife tells me. the power came on today after lunch time. the phone lines are up, i think. i say that because i have been calling her on the cell.

i am safe. please be thinking of all the people in ms, and la, that need our help and prayers. pray for jd, and cl, and dee as they venture back to see how things are after this catastrophic destruction katrina has left in her wake.

Father, thank You for my safety and the safety of my family, and the safety of the cooper's that housed my family in my absence. please keep your hand over us, and please allow the weather to be suitable for the relief efforts that being exerted to clean and take care of what needs to be done.

Holy Spirit please convey to our Father what is unable to be spoken right now. there is more to be said, but i can not find words to voice my concerns for my friends and their families.

in Your loving Son's name, amen.

3 comments:

Tommy said...

Glad to hear you're ok. Hope you get home and it's not as bad as you expected. I'm praying for you and JD (and all involved).

alabamapenguin said...

i'm glad u love mom dad but what about me!!!!! i live here too!! come back to us safe dad.

lov ya,
Kristin

alabamapenguin said...

I'm missing you and ready for you to come home. Am glad you are safe and not here with us--oh, and honey, use SpellCheck before you post, okay--d1