Thursday, July 28, 2005

may the force be with you ...

... that is the funnel cake force. a friend named ... steve, his name is not really steve i have changed the name to protect the innocent, not that he is all that innocent, took me and my daughter to the ihop near our church the other day after wednesday night class. he likes funnel cakes and i must say that the funnel cakes at this ihop were much better than the ones we had at sixflags. those were terrible.

i remember the funnel cakes, but what i remember most was my daughter laughing, and steve laughing, and us having a great time. i thank God for friends and family. i thank God for making eve. i thank God for community. i especially thank God for His Son.

may the force be with you!

4 comments:

JD said...

oh my goodness... would you give "Steve" my number!!!

Greg Morris said...

amen kenny! we all have so much to be thankful for! we seem to do okay (at least sometimes) when it comes to thanking God for the really big blessings but we don't (or at least i don't) thank God nearly often enough for the little things - for the small blessings, the everyday blessings of life. thanks for reminding me that even something as seemingly normal as a child's laughter deserves a 'thank-you' to God!

alabamapenguin said...

yes "steve" will remain nameless for his wrong doing. tsk tsk!! well I'm listening to ZZ TOP on an old 33 we had lying around in the house. i was able to work it myself. yeah!! i've never done it myself, or have i?? well i'm gunna go and i will get in the shower and eat some lunch. i might see you today, who knows except for god, omnipotent. well, i'm gunna go, i had fun at ihop too.

Kristin(daughter)

CL said...

Yeah, I'd say "Steve" rocks!