Tuesday, July 26, 2005

david, a man after God's own heart

psalm 100

A psalm of thanksgiving.

1 Shout with joy to the LORD, O earth!

2 Worship the LORD with gladness.
Come before him, singing with joy.

3 Acknowledge that the LORD is God!
He made us, and we are his.
We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving;
go into his courts with praise.
Give thanks to him and bless his name.

5 For the LORD is good.
His unfailing love continues forever,
and his faithfulness continues to each generation.


awesome! awesome! awesome! don't you agree? do we forget about this psalm sometimes? don't we let the things of this earth rattle us? let us remember the Great and Glorious Father we have! call on Him often. let Him know how you feel and how things are going. He's just waiting to hear from you.

2 comments:

Greg Morris said...

"His unfaioing love continues forever..." That is certainly a comforting statement isn't it! We tend to view God's love for us in the same vane as our love for others... I guess it's a good thing that He's WAY better at the love thing than we are. If we would stop more often (or at least if I would) and reflect on His incredible love for us I think shouting for joy would happen a lot more often. Great scritpture Kenny! Thanks for reminding us to go through God's gates saying, "Thanks" and to step into his courts exclaiming his greatness!
Greg <><

JD said...

Hey Kenny, good thoughts. His Unfailing love. That staggers me.

In the song "The Greatest Commands" , the bass line reminds us that love endures all things ... that line always gets my heart ... what has God endured in me ... unfailing love ... reminds me of another song by John Wesley - Amazing Love, how can it be that you, my God, would die for me?