Friday, January 20, 2006

reading, are you a reader?

i remember when i was in school and how much i loathed reading. any of you out there feel me? when i had to read a book for english, that was like a jail sentence. reading chapters in text books, too. i don't know how i graduated! i did the least reading that was required. now ... i get in trouble for reading too much.

i do a lot of reading in my 'office.' i don't want to gross anyone out, but i hope you understand what i am saying. i have a list of books that i am reading there to the right, and i am about to add a wish list of books that i want to read. are any of you like that? one of the bloggers out there commented on one of my posts and i went to her blog and read that she is reading like 4 books now. i don't know how she, or anyone else does it. the way i do it is to read one book for a while, and then read another for a while, and so on. also, my definition of 'a while' is for a couple of days. in case you were wondering.

there is series of books that i want to get and start reading. they are from acu press, and if i have added my wish list over on the right you can see what they are. right now there are 4 books in that series, and the fourth book in the series is 'seeking a lasting city.' i highlighted it in one of my recent posts.

what books are you reading? do you like to read, too, or do you just read blogs?

5 comments:

JD said...

Reading VELVET ELVIS now. I just finished GOD IS CLOSER THAN YOU THINK. It was very good, I thought. I am also an occasional reader of THE DIVINE CONSPIRACY. I cannot read more than a page or two ... it sets my mind to running in so many different directions.

Donna G said...

I read all the time. I have always loved to read.

I am reading Mere Discipleship, Captivating, Getting Things Done, A Cure for the Common Life and The Story We Find Ourselves In....


I have about 15 more on my "to read" shelf!

k2 said...

hey donna, you're the one i was talking about in this post. i have just discovered that it is fun to read. i'm glad i did. hopefully i can get smarter, and expand my vocabulary.

Tommy said...

I read all the time when I was younger. I loved classes where we had to read a book. I was in the Louis Lamour book club for a while, so I have almost all his books. I guess I got burnt out, because I don't read nearly as much now. I finally put a TV in the bedroom, so it's usually Sportscenter for me. I am reading "Pardon the Inspiration" right now and I have a Patricia Sparks book waiting.

John said...

I read Velvet Elvis a few weeks ago. I'm currently reading The Divine Conspiracy. JD is right - it's pretty heavy stuff, but it's really good.