Tuesday, November 29, 2005

second worst pain

recently i posted that i had been awakened by the worst pain i could think of. i was at my parents place when i was unable to get to sleep, not because i was not in my own bed, but due to a toothache. well, i was able to get in to see the dentist the monday we were back in town, and found out that it was probably a molar that had a very deep filling. that tooth was not playing well with others!

the doc gave me a script for some pain meds to help me sleep and an antibiotic to help with any infection that was going on in that there tooth. well, it just wasn't doin' what i wanted, and i tried to call in to see about getting the number for the endodontist, but the dentist apparently was on holiday. when i tried to call him on the monday after turkey day i could not get through.

i drive up to his office and he is sitting there at the receptionist position. i say, "you may not remember me, but ... " i give him my story, and he actually calls the
endodontist himself and gets me right in. cool!

i go to the
endodontist and wait for about 30 - 45 minutes to get a seat in one of his offices, and then the day goes on from there. about 2 hours later, and 350 bucks lighter in the wallet, i have a numb left side of the face and tooth with no nerves, and no pulp and all that stuff inside the problematic tooth.

now i am able to sleep through the night, and just take the ibuprofen from wally-world, and I CAN DRINK COLD DRINKS NOW WITHOUT SHIELDING MY TOOTH!! WOO HOO!! happy, happy, joy, joy!!

just thought you might like to know. btw, if you check the comments of that post you will read what is the worst pain.

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

yippee!

Danny Sims said...

Wow. Sounds like a bad news/good news deal. Bad news: You're in pain and it cost you $350 to fix it. Good news is you're out of pain and it only cost you $350 to get it fixed!

Hey... Shoot me the "You've been tagged" deal. I want to do it tomorrow but I can't find it...