Thursday, February 09, 2006

a favorite of mine

do you have a favorite thing? ... favorite bible? ... favorite pair of jeans? ... favorite album? (showing my age there) well, chris is not my favorite, but he is one of my favorites. i remember listening to klty on my way home from work one day when i lived in arlington, and telling my lovely wife that i heard a "cool song" on the radio. she said that she heard it too.

that's when it all started. do you remember the song? if you listen to contemporary christian music then i'm sure you have. the song is 'deep enough to dream' and it happens to be the title track of the album with the same name.

i remember eating at wednesday fest before church one wednesday night and talking with my buddy ryan, who was just the youth minister at the time. ryan has since graduated to be the senior minister position at park row, and that is so cool to me. he such a great guy. anyway, i am getting off topic. what i meant to say is this, we were eating, and he said he went to see this guy in concert with his wife and her parents. he asks if i knew who this guy that used to be a youth minister, too, and is now an entertainer. (now that totally opens a can of worms. entertainer. i don't see chris as just an entertainer, but i can't think of another word to use.) ryan says, "his name is chris rice. do you know him?" we almost lost our friendship right there. no! just kidding! i was like, "who doesn't know him?" ryan just shot me this look like, "you know who chris rice is?"

anyway, i got chris' most recent album this christmas, and one of my family's favorite songs is "love like crazy." its not the title song, tho. the name of the album is "amusing." one of my favorite lines in the song is:

What the world needs now is for love to spread
As fast as the rumors do
wouldn't that be so awesome? read the words of the song, and see what you think. if you want, leave a comment about one of your favorite artists, or songs. thanks for visiting!

LOVE LIKE CRAZY
Chris Rice
I heard a rumor that love will make you crazy
Well is it true?
Well that’s no rumor, look at the crazy things that love made Jesus do
The friends he chose were thought to be outrageous
And you could even find him touching the contagious
And the craziest is how he chose to save us
He gave his life away
Then he had to go and say
“Gotta love the same way that I love you!”

Love like crazy
We gotta love like crazy
We gotta love like crazy
The way he loves you and me
‘Cause if the world’s ever gonna change
We gotta love like crazy

What the world needs now is for love to spread
As fast as the rumors do
But to make it, we gotta take this thing from another whole point of view
We can start by keeping our vows, and not brreakin’ promises
And bring hope to the women at the well, and the doubting Thomases
And you kids, you gotta cheerfully do what your pops and your mama sez
He gave his life away
Then he had to go and say
“Gotta love the same way that I love you!”

Love like crazy
We gotta love like crazy
We gotta love like crazy
The way he loves you and me
‘Cause if the world’s ever gonna change
We gotta love like crazy

Well I’m tellin’ you boy, you got a lot to learn
I think you’re crazy all right to love for nothin’ in return
You’ve lost your marbles, got a few loose screws
And if you count your cards I’ll bet you got less than fifty-two
But now you got me thinkin’, you sorta planted a seed
‘Cause you know this might be just the kind of love that I need
Naw, your train’s off the track, you’re from the loony bin
You know that brain that you ordered? Well it never came in
Or else you’ve fallen on your head and all your brains leaked out
‘Cause your lights are on, but ain’t nobody in your house
Your elevator doesn’t quite reach the top floor
I think you’re out in left field, and I could say a lot more
But you don’t care what I think, it doesn’t matter what I’m tellin’ you
You got the love of Jesus, and he’s the one compellin’ you to love
Like he does
You gotta love like he does
You gotta love like he does
‘Cause if the world’s ever gonna change
We gotta love like crazy

Copyright 2005 Clumsy Fly Music (ASCAP)

4 comments:

Donna G said...

I may have to buy a new "album".

Thanks for the suggestion.

Danny Sims said...

Love Chris Rice. Saw him last year at National Pastor's Convention. Very real ordinary guy.

k2 said...

djg: i recommend you getting his newest and all the other ones, too! lol. however, i really think you will like any of his stuff.

danny: thanks for visiting and the comment(s). i am jealous of you now. you got to meet him, and probably hear him sing in person. you lucky dog!

CL said...

good one Krazy Kenny