Tuesday, August 28, 2007

great song from a new cd

"as far as the east is from the west" ... do you forget that promise given to us? i do. do you have a graveyard of dug up "sin" graves? in other words, do you have the problem i do with digging sins back up after God has forgiven you? i do.

is it because we forget that God has already forgotten what we have done? ... or is it that we think that the sin is way to terrible for Him to forgive? hey, He died for your sins!! isn't that big enough? then why do we keep doing it? one day we will know.

my wife came home with a surprise for me today. she bought me the new casting crowns cd, the altar and the door. i also got a free t-shirt with it ... like i need another t-shirt, but i'm not complaining!!

she is so sweet to me. check out this video of east to west


Here I am Lord and I’m drowning, in Your sea of forgetfulness
The chains of yesterday surround me, I yearn for peace and rest
I don’t want to end up where You found me
And it echoes in my mind
Keeps me awake tonight
I know you’ve cast my sin as far as the East is from the West
And I stand before You now as though I’ve never sinned
But today I feel like I’m just one mistake away
From You leaving me this way

Chorus:
Jesus can you show me just how far the east is from the west
‘Cause I can’t bear to see the man I’ve been
Rising up in me again
In the arms of Your mercy I find rest
‘Cause You know just how far the east is from the west
From one scarred hand to the other

I start the day, the war begins
Endless reminding of my sin
And time and time again
Your truth is drowned out by the storm I’m in
Today I feel like I’m just one mistake away
from You leaving me this way

Chorus:

I know You’ve washed me white
Turn my darkness into life
I need Your peace to get me through
To get me through this night
I can’t live by what I feel
About the truth Your word reveals
I’m not holding on to You
But You’re holding on to me
You’re holding on to me

Chorus:
...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken, I was so afraid I'd be disappointed in this CD, but it is awesome. The first song is HOT. All of them are great. I also got Tim Hughe's new CD today but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. CCrowns have done it again.

k2 said...

john, i was with you there on thinking that i would be disappointed in this cd. i didn't care as much for the lifesongs cd as i did for their first cd.

i hope to wear this one out, too. i got it loaded in my nano, and will be listening to it on the road today, over and over ...